Saturday, January 22, 2011

Just a Little Mini

I've participated in the The Old Red Barn Quilt Along a few times and the latest one - "Ticker Tape Quilts" piqued my interest, so I thought I'd give it a try. It looked like a fun, quick project.


The instructions called for making four of these panels and stitching them together to make a small lap quilt. My interest waned by the time I had finished one panel. It was a fun way to play with some of my scraps, but I didn't make much of a dent in the bucket.

This one will be added to my grandkid goodie box. They all live far away, so when they come to visit I let them pick out a prize from the box. Maybe one of them will see some beauty in this and take it home to snuggle a dolly.

I backed it with some pretty Kaffe and brought it around to the front to bind the quilt.

If it looks like something you might want to try, you can find the instructions at deroo designs.

Now back to my string quilt -- it's all ready to sandwich today.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, My! I can't wait to see it in person. I need a good kick to get back at my stuff. Our "off" time is halfway done, and I haven't accomplished a thing. You are inspiring.

    ReplyDelete