I really did think I was going to stop playing with my fabric and get down to the serious business of quilting a few tops. But I had a fabric in my stash that has been pestering me for a couple of years to be put into a quilt. It was harder than I thought it would be. It took quite a bit of cutting and switching out the sashing and border fabrics to come up with something that would work for me. It still is busier than I imagined in my head - but it'll do.
O.K. - now I will for sure really start the quilting process and not let myself be distracted by all the thoughts of new quilts rumbling around in my head.
I decided I better add a blue quilt to my stack of "to be quilted" tops. I had a fun week of playing and stitching.
Although I didn't follow the pattern, my inspiration came from this quilt on the Moda Bake Shop blog. I have hopes to follow the pattern in another quilt. I wish I hadn't used up all of the background fabric - it really could use a bit around the edge before it's quilted and bound. Also, when I look at the picture now, it's obvious that I sewed a row in there upside down - those two orange polka dots weren't supposed to be one on top of the other. Maybe I'll change it - maybe I won't.
For now, I think I better stop playing with fabric and get busy quilting!
I bought my house about 25 years ago, and this broom was left behind by the previous owner. It's starting to show some wear. It's from Fuller Brush and I think they declared bankruptcy, so some day I'll have to replace it with one of those Stanley brooms that Anne recommends.