Friday, January 7, 2011

Lovin' Winter and UFOs

This is the view from my window today, and the weatherman is saying we may accumulate several more inches between now and Sunday.


It's my long weekend and it gives me a chance to enjoy the view from my window, which I love so much more than the view from my desk at the office.

Of course, it's hard not to dream about next January and being retired and enjoying this every day -- and not having to worry about it if I don't feel like scooping out the drift in front of my garage.


A long weekend also gives me time to work on my UFO challenge of the month. Judy over at Patchwork Times picked #6 to work on, which is my string quilt. I started the month with nine blocks -- I'm up to 41 now, so I'm making some progress. Since each block finishes at 6" square, it's not very large yet.

However, while I stitch away on these blocks, my pile of strings continues to expand. At one point I even had to transfer them to a bigger bucket. Not sure how that happens, but it's beginning to feel like I could make these blocks forever and never run out of scraps.

At some point I'll have to quit making blocks and start sewing rows together, but I haven't decided yet what size this quilt will be. My goal for this UFO is to have a top sewn together by the end of January. I'm hoping to finish before then and have some time left to work on Judy's monochromatic color challenge -- the color for January is yellow.

1 comment:

  1. I love the UFO you are working on! Perhaps those strips wouldn't multiply quite so quickly if you kept that bucket in sight at all times ~ it's when you hide them in the closet that they start playing games ;).

    ReplyDelete