Tuesday, December 20, 2011

2012 UFO Challenge

I've been waffling about joining Judy's UFO Challenge in 2012; but I'm so pleased with what I accomplished in 2011, it's hard to resist.  I'll hope for another successful year. 

I thought I'd have to dig deep to come up with 12 projects for the year, but it was no problem at all.  I haven't actually dug them out to take pictures, so I'll just post my list for now.


1.        Goose in the Pond  -- The blocks are made for this quilt.  I hope I can find the fabric to sash, border, and back it!

2.       36 patch quiltalong  - I think I have about 6 or 8 blocks made so far --  I need quite a few more but they're fun and fairly quick to make.

3.       Finish quilting ice cream quilt  -- Piecing this one was one of my 2011 challenges.  I'm looking forward to finishing this one so I can put it on my bed!

4.       Verna HST quilt  -- a baby quilt top that needs quilting and binding.

5.       Churn Dash -- This one got bumped off the 2011 list so that I could work on The Brown Quilt.

6.       Quilt from a class in Duluth about 20 years ago -- I need to get it quilted.

7.     Scrappy patch quilt I pieced in 2011 -- my newest UFO needs quilting.

8.       Snowflakes Quilt  -- One of the 2011 UFO's that I managed to finish piecing.  Needs quilting and binding in 2012.

9.       Blue and Yellow Scrap Quilt  -- Some squares that have been cut and need to be made into a quilt.

10.   Wool table runner  -- I need to find this and see what needs to be done. 

11.   Floral appliqué wall hanging  -- some piecing needs to be repaired so I can finish this one.

12.   Flannel rag quilt.  OK -- I guess I did run out of UFO's.  This one is just a stack of fabrics with a vague plan.  If I find another actual UFO before #12 is picked, I may swap this out.

I'm looking forward to another productive year.  I'm supposed to have more time now that I'm recently retired, but I haven't noticed an increase in hours yet.



5 comments:

  1. It would be wonderful to be able to complete all of these projects next year! I have several quilts that need completion and a few more that are not yet started. I'll just do what I can and hope to have a reasonably good year. Wishing you all the time necessary to finish them and a few extra hours beside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful list! Can't wait to see them all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may not have pictures, but you have them all listed. Good luck with your list. I'll be cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see you have an ambitious list also - I just love getting these things off the list and in my case I have more projects to start and complete than unfinished projects this year. Wish us both luck. Judy C

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good list! We'll be watching them get finished :-) Yes, Judy's challenge did help me get more done that I would have otherwise.

    ReplyDelete