Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Home


I took a walk again yesterday, but didn't work up the nerve to capture someone's home.  Apparently, this isn't going to work for me.  To make up for it, I took a little ride with Sharyn today and got a picture of "home".  Maybe I'll have better luck trying the one word prompts as suggested by Yvonne and Barb.


The home I left 48 years ago.  It hasn't changed much - but it would look more like home if that Santa Claus was a wooden cutout on the grass and if there was a milk truck in the driveway.

There's a grinch next door - where George and Clayton once lived.


The word for today is "sign" - which was a good excuse to try a new restaurant once Sharyn and I were out and about.


There's some nice blue sky in there too - to cover day 3 as I try to catch up.

It's always a treat to try a new (to me) restaurant - and this one didn't disappoint.  It even gave me some hands (Day 2) and some pretty white dishes to cover Day 1.


I guess that's stretching it, but I'm going to call myself all caught up.

3 comments:

  1. Nice way to spend the day! Lots of memories in those first two pictures.
    ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, those WHITE dishes are a stretch. Love the MacArthur pics. Someone should show George.
    I need to work on my own word prompts. Good share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh good you're in on the fun too!
    nice little memory on your childhood home. (p.s. before seeing the next photo about the grinch, i thought you meant the neighbor was "that way".) lol

    ReplyDelete