Which was yesterday - in case you didn't know.
It dawned on me in the morning that half of the month was gone and I hadn't even started on the quilting goals that I had already moved from February to March. I decided National Quilting Day would be a good time to make an effort.
This scrappy log cabin quilt, which I put together last August, was one that I had hoped to quilt and bind.
Then I realized the reason I kept avoiding it was because I really wanted it to be bigger. At 42x56 it might be nice enough for a child's napping quilt but I'd rather have it large enough for me - or someone closer to my size at least.
So yesterday I set about to add another column and another row to it. It's now 56 x 70 - good enough.
I'll put the quilting and binding on my list of April goals while I decide what would work as a backing. Til then I need to spend some time cleaning up the mess I made of my sewing room on National Quilting Day.