Friday, July 22, 2011

Grandkids and Flying Geese

I forgot to share a picture of these two cuties.  They spent a night with me while they were still in town, and we had another trip to the rock pile -- this time in the rain.  We were getting pretty wet so we didn't stay long, but long enough that they each had a six pound bag of rocks to take home with them.


I don't know where that little ghost picture is coming from so I can't get rid of it.

I've always loved quilts with the flying geese  blocks but haven't been satisfied with my accuracy when I've tried to make them.  I recently purchased this little ruler from Open Gate Quilts and had some fun trying it out.
I thought I'd try to use up my Verna fabrics while I still love them, and this gave me a chance to play with them.   I put together this small baby quilt which is now waiting to be sandwiched and quilted.


The ruler proved to be a great help -- I'll be using it again for sure, and I'm looking forward to trying some smaller size geese.





No comments:

Post a Comment