Sunday, September 4, 2011

August UFO Challenge Accomplished!

The pattern I have for this quilt is from the February 1999 issue of American Patchwork and Quilting, designed by Lynette Jensen, named Snowflakes.

I loved the pattern when I first saw it and immediately made this block.


I tucked it into the magazine and forgot about it for several years.

It took awhile to get back to the project -- most of the work has been done over the last two years.
The quilt measures 84" x 101".  It wasn't easy trying to figure out how to get a picture of it in my teeny tiny hosue.


The challenge for me for August was to complete the quilt top.  I'm not sure when I'll get this one quilted,but I hope it doesn't take me another 12 years.

At some point while I was making the squares, I decided to save the little triangles that were trimmed from the flying geese units.  I had fun playing with them -


I think I'll get something small assembled from these squares a little sooner than the large quilt will be done.  Each little triangle square is about 1-1/4".

Now I have to work backwards.  Tomorrow I'll put my feet up and try to finish quilting and binding my July challenge quilt.

Check out other August finishes at Patchwork Times

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful job! I love the colors and you did an excellent job piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm usually a bright person, but I really like the colors in this quilt. It's beautiful and the block really looks different up close versus as a part of the whole.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had to come take a closer look at this one, saw it in your year end composite and loved it, even better with the closer look. If you do get it quilted (-: and don't have a giftee (?) designated for it, I'd be interested in knowing how much you'd sell it for...

    ReplyDelete