The challenge for September was a bin of pink and brown fabrics that were intended to be made into a quilt top. After digging through the bin and realizing that I had snitched too many of the pink fabrics for other projects, I decided to go with the brown. I was motivated by the fact that I had committed to make a quilt for my nephew Dan -- pink and brown wouldn't do; it turned out to be a good reason to make a dent in my brown stash.
I used Judy's free pattern "Brown Quilt". It went together perfectly and I completed the top just minutes before the deadline!
It still needs to be quilted and bound -- all in due time.
This morning, I also managed to finish the last stitches on binding the July UFO Challenge.
This one belongs to Sharyn ---
but, I do love it and think that, instead of putting it in the mail, I'll hang onto it and enjoy it until she comes to pick it up.
I'm so glad that I joined Judy's challenge this year. I've completed six quilts, and three quilt tops are ready to be quilted. Amazing!
Judy picked #5 for October -- just what I was hoping for. It's this bin of 30's fabrics -- a nice change from the darker colors (and larger sizes) of my July and August challenges.
I'll have fun putting together a baby quilt with these -- I think there's a few log cabin blocks in the bin to get me started!