Monday, October 3, 2011

Quilts for Al and Anna

 Being all caught up on baby quilts this year, I decided to start on sixteenth birthdays.  Allan was the first to turn sixteen - back in August - and he received this quilt.


His mom had made him a quilt very similar to this about ten years ago and it was looking pretty shaggy.  It was fun to see the smile on his face when I gave him this one.  Unfortunately, I didn't think to take a picture.

On Friday my oldest granddaughter, Anna, turned sixteen.    When I was sharing pictures earlier in the year of the baby quilts I've made for grandkids, I couldn't find a picture of Anna's.  I ran across some recently and thought I'd share it with you now.



Such a sweet baby --


who has grown up to be a beautiful young woman.



I sent this quilt to Anna for her sixteenth birthday.  Happy Birthday Anna!


It'll be about 5 years before I have another 16 year old grandchild -- lots of time to plan!

3 comments:

  1. Anna is beautiful. It's been awhile since I've seen a picture. Her quilt is my favorite of all of yours so far. Gorgeous!

    Happy 16 Al and Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know it, but I'm actually your granddaughter. And you have never sent me a quilt. It must mean you owe me two. ;)

    ReplyDelete