Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February Progress

My UFO Challenge for February was a Goose in the Pond quilt that I started many years ago.  I made five blocks and tucked it away.  


I was able to complete the quilt top just a few hours before the end of the month.  I had hoped to add a pieced border to it but didn't have the fabric I would need.   The quilt top is 64" square, big enough for me without any more borders.

You can check out what other quilters have been doing on Judy's blog.

I managed to add nine blocks to my Churn Dash quilt in February.  Almost half way there.



I did get a little distracted playing with scraps too.  In addition to getting started on the Farmer's Wife quilt blocks, I came across a tutorial for granny squares at Blue Elephant Stitches.  Just a couple of blocks made so far ........... we'll see where it leads.


These were fun to play around with.  I love the colorful look of the old crocheted granny square afghans.

For the February free motion quilting challenge, Diane Gaudynski had loads of great tips and information on quilting feather designs.  I didn't find too much time to practice -- this sample is the one and only feather I did.  I do hope to find time to practice and improve.  The FMQ Challenge has been fun!

3 comments:

  1. As always, you amaze me! I have a 64" square throw size quilt and I love the size. We will have wonderful cozys when we sit in our wheelchairs in the "county". It's a showstopper. And then, what do you do but START MORE!! The UFO's will never end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you up for another 30 day challenge Carol? how about a photo challenge? pass the word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blocks and your feathers look wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete