Anyway...... when I came across the bag I came real close to pitching it. But like so often happens, I just moved it from a bin to a plastic bag so it wouldn't take up so much space, and I shoved it into a different corner.
Then I came across this fun project. It didn't take me long to dig out that bag and get started! In just a few days, I turned this mess -
into this cheerful rug for my sewing room! I have to say I just love it!
Now if I need to know the name of a fabric, I just crawl on the floor instead of trying to figure out where I put that bag!
I recently purchased a box of these little red things. They seemed a bit pricey, but I wanted to try them out. I have to say, they're worth the money spent!
And for the record -- I think I'm cured of purging!
Which reminds me - I almost forgot. I wasn't sure what I was going to use for a base for the rug. Then I remembered this blanket that Sharyn had bought for me at a garage sale. Another item that I came close to purging recently -- and it was perfect!
If you save your selvages, there are instructions for making one of your own here.