I thought I better get started - so I quilted
and I quilted.
Then I took a little break to make some binding. This was pretty slick -- I used a sheet found at a garage sale. Cutting a sheet on the bias gives you pretty long bias strips. I only needed to piece together four strips to make more than enough for the quilt shown above -- 60" x 90". It'll make it so much easier to avoid seams on the corners when I stitch it to the quilt.
I did a little basting
and went back to doing more quilting.
I plan to keep at the quilting, but it's hard for me to stay away from piecing for very long. So last night I pulled out my bin of 2-1/2" strips and started grabbing anything that was on the light side. On a whim, I decided to start a scrappy log cabin. I think I'll see how big it gets without using any fabric more than once.