Sunday, August 7, 2011

Weekend Quilting

Back in May I was inspired by this quilt seen on Quilt Dad's blog.  I purchased a few fat quarters to get me started and then pulled fabrics from my stash that I thought would give me the same flavor.  I cut all of my patches at 6 1/2" and set them aside.  When Barb called to say that Bill was going to the island for the weekend -- and when I realized it was going to be another hot muggy weekend and she has air conditioning -- I offered to head over and keep her company and try to motivate her to get back to her quilting.

I decided to bring along the stack of squares I had cut out, knowing it would be a quick and easy quilt top to assemble.

I'm loving how the quilt turned out -- it definitely captured the flavor I was hoping for.


And Barb was ready and willing to get back to a quilting project.  She pulled out this kaleidoscope quilt that she had started eons ago -- there were cardboard templates in the box which really dates it -- and patiently set out trying to figure out what her plan was and where to go with it.  Can't wait to see this one all quilted and ready to snuggle.


I also took along my August UFO challenge project and managed to complete 19 blocks -- with one more to go.  I discovered that the twentieth block I had cut out had a piece cut with a large edge of selvedge on it.  This project has been around for several years, so I don't think I'll find a piece in my stash to replace it -- I'll have to cut out a whole 'nuther block and then get busy assembling the top.

Maybe I'll be a little more productive in August -- July just sort of slipped by while I was enjoying company.

1 comment:

  1. I love the flavor of your quilt to, and I love the stuff you and Barb do together. Hope that's me and my sisters someday.

    ReplyDelete