Wednesday, July 18, 2012

More Summer Company

Some of the grandkids were in town for the past two weeks.   Though they were staying out at Small Traverse, they did want to take turns spending the night at grandma's house.  I was pretty honored that they did -- with temps in the upper 80's and low 90's and lots of sunshine, I wondered if they'd really want to leave the big lake.

First came Pete and his cousin Kyle, both easy boys to have around.  They spent a good part of the time reading Archie comic books, but we did manage to squeeze in a trip to the candy store.


Next came Rebecca and Kaarina.   We made a trip to the candy store, stopped for a visit at great grandma's, and took a little walk at McLains.


On Saturday, Elizabeth and Aubrey came to spend the night.   Aubrey was a little upset to find out it was too late to go to the candy store and she would have to wait until Sunday.


We found great grandma sitting on the swing enjoying the fresh air.  I was pretty pooped from a long hike at McLains so we didn't stay too long.

It looks like the rest of the summer will be quiet at my house.  I usually get some summer company in August, but that probably won't happen this year.

Once I had dug out all my pink fabrics for my last project, I decided to cut up some of them and put together another scrappy baby quilt -- not quilted yet though.


Now I have a few tops to get quilted -- I think I better devote any spare time I have in August to doing that!
Someone asked Sharyn if I like quilting on my machine -- I need to refresh my memory so I can reply to that.


3 comments:

  1. Perfect post. Old folks, young folks and quilts..joy to be found in all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the baby quilt!

    Those are special times spent with Grandma....and Great-grandma. These kids will have good memories.

    -B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love all tour quilts.... So inspirational. Indeed to get sewing and blogging again!

    ReplyDelete